We are determined to ensure that your privacy is protected. If you provide certain information by which you could be identified when using our website we assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Information we collect from you
Note that calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes. We may collect and process the following data about you: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information. In connection with GDPR, all our newsletters are ‘opt in’, we do not automatically opt in individuals.
What we do with the information
This information helps us understand your needs and provide a better response/service. Below is why we may keep this data:
- To improve our products and services
- Internal Data and administering our business
- To contact you regarding your enquiry
We are committed to handling your information in a secure fashion. We safeguard your data by implementing suitable electronic and physical measures.
How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data within the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
Access to your personal data is only given to those employees with a legitimate need to know and ensuring that they are subject to duties of confidentiality
Links to other websites
We may place links to other websites within our site. Should you follow these links we are not responsible and cannot control what these websites do with information you submit there. Controlling your personal information.
We do not:
Sell, Lease or distribute your data to third parties.
We will not store your personal data for any longer than is necessary but by law we must store service information held for a minimum of 7 years.
If you cease to use our services, within a reasonable time your personal data will be archived.
We do not store payment information such as card or bank details.
What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in personal Information below.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- The Rights relating to Automated decision-making and profiling [we do not use your personal data in this]
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please use the following details:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 020 8545 9850.
Postal Address: Germantech Ltd, Bushey Road, London, SW20 8BP
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on our website www.germantech.co.uk. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 30/10/2018.
Cookies are small files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies.
Cookies are used to:
• measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
• remember you while you’re changing your email subscriptions or request a lost password
• store products/services into a shopping basket You can disable cookies from inside your browser settings.
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
Third Party Cookies
We may use a number of social media tools to enhance visitor interaction on our site. If you already use these platforms their cookies may be set through our website. Data may then be collected by these companies that enables them to serve up adverts on other sites that they think are relevent to your interests. If you do not use such platforms then our site will not place these cookies on your device.
These cookies are used to enable core site functionality. They do not contain any personal information and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.